Sunday, August 3, 2008

This is where we live!

This is the great room. The shelves were greatly improved with Kathy's gifts..everything on the top two--Thanks Kath! Over the top of the double fireplace is the piano room. Down the hall to the right is the front door. Just off to the right you'll find Brooklynn and Kennedy's rooms and the girls' bathroom. Kitchen and master area to the left.
This is our new table (yeah!) and the staircase to the upstairs.
This is the back of the house. You might notice that some grass is fighting to grow in. We are excited to get a BBQ grill next year and hope to have a great time on this porch.

This is a view of our neighborhood. We are planning to love the neighbors that build and/or buy here! Can you see that the other homes in the picture are all for sell?
This is Jaxson's room. It is empty and gigantic. He is loving having his room upstairs away from all the estrogen you find with three sisters.

This is the "piano room" It is right off the front door. It does actually have a piano in it. It also has Ron's graduation chair because it can't fit in his office at the hospital :)


The all important laundry room.
I am completely in love with my new washer and dryer and can do all of our family's laundry (sheets, towels, everything) folded and put away in just one day! Hooray!! Compared to the 3 hours a load we were enjoying before--this is heaven!

This is the laundry bathroom. Simple and small. Perfect for cleaning--I think. I'll let you know when it actually happens.
This is our pantry. I'm not sure the picture shows how fun it is. It is about 10 feet deep and 4 feet wide. All my LDS friends would be so impressed with my food storage efforts--thanks for your inspiration and education, Sarah!


This is Jaycie's window seat. A highlight of the move for her. Right now the bench (which is about 8 feet long) is so heavy that she can't really open it. I am trying to convince her that it is perfect because neither can her sisters!

9 comments:

Jo Ann Anderson said...

I am so excited to see pictures! It looks like so much fun and you have done a ton to your home already....I'm impressed! Love your double sided fireplace and so excited for you and your new laundry room with new washer and dryer. It looks like you have been super busy shopping and unpacking. Take a break and do something fun!

Life Is Good said...

How Fun! Spank'n new! I would love that!

Anne-Marie said...

I love it!! you are so lucky and I am totally jealous! Keep those pics and posts coming, I miss our chats ;)

Sarah Hastings said...

LOVE the house, so beautiful! You have done a great job decorating!

cshel said...

Jen - I love it! I love how open it is. I want to come see it in person. I think my whole family would fit in Jaxson's room. :-)

I like your new table - it's similar to ours and I love the fireplace. Thanks for posting pics. Since you can't be here, it's nice to see where you're spending your time!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures...I would love to see one of the kitchen! :-) Glad to see you guys are getting settled!

Katie said...

It is looking so awesome Jen! I am so happy for you to have such a beautiful home!

Anonymous said...

LOve Love the new house. You are going to love the new washer and dryer. Amaizing job on the decor I love it. Have a great day!

Megan and Shawn said...

I love your house! So pretty, and great decor! Very open too. Hope Idaho is great - we miss it.